What is Nokia Academy?
The Nokia Academy is a series of intensive, free-of-charge pieces of training and workshops conducted by specialists from our company. In the frames of the Nokia Academy, there are two profiles implemented: software testing and C++ programming. The main goal of our initiative is to give participants the opportunity to develop the set of skills necessary for the role of software tester or C++ developer, in the perspective of future Nokia employment a further professional development path.
Over the course of 2 months, you’ll learn fast and gain knowledge that will allow you to start your professional journey in the IT area (software testing/C++ programming). That means, that the best of you, who finish the last phase of Nokia Academy will receive a job offer from us and will have the opportunity to further develop and gain work experience at Nokia.
The lectures and workshops are held daily, e.g.: from Monday till Friday (4:30 PM till 6:30 PM) and are conducted online in Polish language.
Nokia Academy will be divided into three phases, each of which will last 2-3 weeks:
- Approximately 120 students with the best results in the entrance exam will be invited to phase 1;
- about 60 participants with the best results in the exams and additional activities planned in phase 2 will be invited to phase 2;
- To the last, 3rd phase about 40 participants will be invited.
Who is the Nokia Academy for?
This project is dedicated to ambitious and fast-learning candidates who want to gain more knowledge from the software testing or C++ programming area and continue their professional career at Nokia after the program.
In frames of Nokia Academy, there are two different roles, and by applying to the program you need to decide which role you are applying for:
- Software Tester – requires at least basic knowledge from one of the mentioned areas, e.g.: Linux, script language, telecommunication, TCP/IP network, testing methodologies
- C++ Developer – requires fundamental knowledge of C++ programming, and the knowledge of Linux, telecommunication, mathematics, and algorithmics, completed courses and pieces of training in C++ will be an asset.
In addition, regardless of the profile you are applying for, we require:
- your own computer connected to the Internet (online lectures and workshops)
- at least secondary education
- free communication in English, min. level of B1/B2
- your current place of residence is located in Poland
What do we offer?
- an intensive cycle of training in software testing or C++ programming;
- over two months of remote lectures and practical classes;
- the care of qualified trainers who are also practitioners;
- original training program;
- job offers for the best candidates.
To submit an application, please apply to the profile you are interested in via our website:
Upcoming Nokia Academy 19 in a nutshell:
- July 1 – 24, 2022 – Nokia Academy Recruitment
- 25 – 28 July 2022. – review of applications received and confirmation sent to qualified participants
- 29 July 2022. – Introductory lecture for qualified participants
- August 1, 2022 – preliminary lecture test, which will be a pass to the program
- 2 – 4 August 2022. – feedback with test results and decision on admission to the program
- 5 August 2022. – Nokia Academy 19 kick-off meeting (online)
- 8 August – 19 October 2022. – Nokia Academy 19 classes
October – December 2022. – for the best participants among the 19th Nokia Academy
If you have any question regarding Nokia Academy program, please contact us: [email protected]
Nokia Academy is also organized by Technology Center in Krakow. More information can be found here: https://en.nokiakrakow.pl/join-us/nokia-academy/